When your trademark has been approved by the USPTO and entered in the principal register, you have obtained powerful rights for the exclusive use of your trademark. As they say, with great power comes great responsibility, as a trademark owner you have several legal responsibilities relating the trademark. If you fail to meet those responsibilities you can lose the rights you have gained in your trademark.
These responsibilities include:
- It is your legal responsibility as the trademark owner to protect your trademark against infringement. This means that you must adequately work to protect against any infringement constituting “use” of your trademark. If this is not done, you could lose the ownership rights in your trademark.
- You have a responsibility to continue proper “use” of your trademark in commerce.
- You have a responsibility to file renewals for your trademark at the appropriate times.
To guarantee you properly protect this investment, we offer a Trademark Surveillance Service to ensure that the asset of your trademark is properly protected.
Our Trademark Surveillance Service Includes:
- Monitoring all new trademark applications made with the US Patent and Trademark Office to ensure a third-party does not attempt to apply for a trademark which is too similar to your trademark;
- Annual review of all non-registered use of your trademark to ensure no infringing use of your trademark is occurring;
- Annual review of your “use” of the trademark to ensure you are not violating any existing trademark laws; and
- Ensuring that you meet all deadlines related to renewals for your trademark.
If we do identify an act of infringement, we immediately bring it to the attention of the client. Thereafter, we can represent the client in negotiation with the infringer, apply for arbitration or file litigation (enforcement) to guarantee the security of the trademark for our client including an injunction prohibiting the infringer from continuing to do business with the client’s trademark.
You will also get an email from my firm letting you know if there is any action needed on your trademark.
Flat Legal Fee: $295 per year.
Copyright and Computer Software Surveillance
Our firm has established a nationwide and international surveillance network to periodically determine if there are any infringement of our client’s work. We then collect conclusive evidence about the infringement and infringing party.
Our Copyright Surveillance Service Includes:
- Monitoring all new copyright applications made with the US Copyright Office to ensure a third-party does not attempt to apply for a copyright which is too similar to your original work;
- Annual review of all non-registered use of your copyright to ensure no infringing use of your copyright is occurring;
- Annual review of your “use” of the copyright to ensure you are not violating any existing copyright laws; and
- Flat Legal Fee: $295 per year.
After we bring the infringement to the client’s attention, we can represent the client in negotiation with the infringer, apply for arbitration or file litigation (enforcement) to guarantee the security of copyright for our client, prevent and stop pirated copies from getting into circulation and onto the internet and protect domestic and foreign cultural materials.